On Friday 16th September, Y5/6A visited Crucial Crew at the Lifewise Centre, Hellaby. Here we learned about the consequences of our actions and peer-pressure, including acting out a mock trial with real magistrates. However, Miss Alexander was NOT impressed that the children sentenced her to spend time in a jail cell after the trial!!!
Every child took part in role play scenarios helping them to learn how to stay safe in everyday situations, including:
- Road safety
- Fire safety with South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue
- Personal safety including running away from home
- E-safety with South Yorkshire Police
- First Aid with St John’s Ambulance
- Anti-bullying awareness
- Drug and alcohol awareness
We had a fantastic day of learning some crucial safety messages.