You are your child’s first and most important educator. At Greasbrough Primary School we value and appreciate the important role you have to play in supporting your child and developing a positive attitude to school and learning.
Research has shown that children learn best when home and school work inpartnership. At Greasbrough we offer a wide range of opportunities for parents to participate in supporting their children.
- The Greasbrough Community Association – all parents are automatically members of the Association. School Fairs are organized by the parents in the association.
- Open afternoons – once a term parents are invited into school to have a good look around their child’s classroom, see their work and meet with the teacher to discuss their child’s learning.
- School newsletter – we distribute a school newsletter with all the latestnews and information.
- Curriculum mornings – Every half term there are opportunities to attend mornings where areas of the Literacy and Maths curriculum are demonstrated and explained in detail, with ideas to support your child at home.
- Curriculum workshops – opportunities for you to come and find out more about a specific curricular area and undertake some simple ‘hands on’ activities with your child.
- Family Learning – parents of Foundation Stage children are encouraged to join our Family Learning groups, in which they can improve their literacy or maths skills while learning how to support their children in learning.
- Local Offer
Parents are encouraged to come into school to help in class if they can spare the time.